CollabPlug’s Terms of Service
Welcome to CollabPlug.com. CollabPlug.com is a marketplace platform for music services performed by its users.
The following terms and conditions (these “Terms of Service”), govern your access to and use of the CollabPlug website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.CollabPlug.com (the “Site”), as applicable.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the CollabPlug services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by emailing [email protected]
Offers are services offered on CollabPlug.
Buyers are users who purchase services on CollabPlug.
Sellers are users who offer and perform services on CollabPlug.
Price is the amount the artist is requesting for their services.
Profile Page is where the seller can describe their skills and their pricing per offer.
Custom Offers are exclusive proposals that a seller can create in response to specific requirements of a buyer.
Post an Offer are services offered by a seller which buyers can purchase.
Orders are the formal agreement between a buyer and seller after a service is purchased by the buyer.
Workspace is where buyers and sellers communicate with each other in connection with an ordered offer.
Disputes are disagreements experienced during an order between a buyer and seller.
Revenue is the money sellers earn from completed orders.
Overview (Main terms, in a nutshell)
- Both Buyers and Sellers can Buy and Sell Services
- Only registered users may buy and sell on CollabPlug. Registration is free.
- Buyers pay CollabPlug Escrow in advance to start an order.
- Free to post and sell! Keep 92% of your sale. (3% transfer fee + 5% project commission)
- Sellers gain trust based on their performance and reputation. The better your service, the higher your rating, the higher your future customer orders.
- Sellers must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling orders will affect sellers’ reputation and status.
- Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through CollabPlug.com.
- Buyers are granted rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the seller. Make sure you know what rights you are getting.
- CollabPlug retains the right to use all published delivered works for CollabPlug marketing and promotion purposes. We will ALWAYS ask for your permission before using anything.
- We care about your privacy. We will never release any personal information or details you provide!
- Each order you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with a net revenue of 92% of the purchase amount.
- CollabPlug accredits sellers once an order is completed. The order is complete when both the buyer and seller mark the offer as complete and leave reviews about each other.
- Revenues are transferred to the PayPal email listed in your profile following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the order is marked as complete.
- Sellers must provide a valid PayPal email in their profile to sell and make offers. The money you earn will be transferred to that account so make sure it is correct.
- We can also transfer payments via cash app and venmo if you prefer that. We will talk with you before transferring.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer unless we see the dispute in favor of the seller.
- Sellers may withdraw their revenues directly from their PayPal balance when they wish.
- The seller’s rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by buyers. High ratings allow sellers to obtain more buyers in the future due to high trust.
- Sellers are allowed post services for buyers to purchases
- For example: “Custom Beats $250.”
- Upon purchasing, the money is securely held via escrow and released upon completion of the project.
- Offers may be removed by CollabPlug for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services, Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement
- Copyright Infringement
- Adult oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Intentional copies of Offers you’ve already posted
- Spam, Nonsense, or Violent Offers
- Offers misleading to sellers, including violations of third party terms of service
- Offers made to hurt other sellers and buyers reputation.
- Offers that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the removal of the seller’s or buyer’s account.
- Offers that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Offers may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
- URLs in your Offer’s text that redirect to third party websites are subject to approval and may be considered inappropriate to use on CollabPlug.
- Offers are required to have an appropriate Offer image related to the service for sale.
- Statements on the Offers Page that undermine or circumvent these Terms of Service is prohibited.
- All Offers must include at least 3 minor revisions.
- Popular Offers are chosen by CollabPlug users based on seniority, volume of sales, extremely high rating, exceptional customer care and community leadership. Popular Offers gain access to more extensive exposure than regular profiles, including exclusive access to home page “Top Rate Profiles” section.
- Popular Offers eligibility is constantly evaluated by CollabPlug to ensure that the quality standards of the Popular Offers selection is kept. Popular Offers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, or violate our Terms of Service risk losing their Popular Offers status and the benefits that come with it.
- Buyers/Sellers can also request custom services by addressing specific requirements when posting a Offer. Custom Offers are defined by the buyer with the exact description of the service needed, the budget and the time required to deliver the service.
- Custom Offers are sent by clicking “Send Custom Offer” on the service page or from the artists profile.
- Sellers hold the right to accept or decline Custom Offers sent by buyers.
CollabPlug Social Media
- CollabPlug allows sellers to share Offers requests outside of CollabPlug.
- Services requested and shared through CollabPlug Social Media must comply with our Terms of Service.
- Users accessing and purchasing from a CollabPlug social media shared posts that are not already members of CollabPlug, will be required to register with CollabPlug to create an order.
- Sellers are required to deliver proof of completion of services in the Workspace.
- Communication for handling orders should be performed on CollabPlug, through the Workspace page or CollabPlug’s messaging feature. Users who engage and communicate off of CollabPlug will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
- Again, please do not accept or ask for payments outside of our escrow payment system. This includes cash app, venmo and other means of transfer to protect everyone.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with PayPal, Venmo, Cash App or a Bank Account.
- Your CollabPlug profile can be associated with only one account from PayPal. You enter the PayPal email you want to receive money in, in your profile.
- Revenues are only transferred directly to you following a safety clearance period of 7 days or less after the order is marked as complete.
- To withdraw your available revenue, you must withdraw directly from PayPal or contact us with your preferred method..
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on your PayPal account type.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to refund or change this process once it has begun.
Fees for Sellers
|PayPal||3% of the total project revenue||This is a required fee we all pay on PayPal|
|CollabPlug||5% of the total project revenue||This is our assurance and transfer fee.|
- You may not offer sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the CollabPlug.com site.
- CollabPlug retains the right to use all published delivered works for CollabPlug marketing and promotional purposes. We will always ask your permission first.
- Buyers may request a specific service from the Custom Offer feature found from the artists service page. Services requested on CollabPlug must be an allowed service on CollabPlug.
- All buyers are entitled to at least 3 minor revisions.
- Buyers can purchase services directly from the artists profile pages. The money is sent to our protected account for both sides to see the payment is secured and signals that the seller is ready to start working.
- In addition buyers can request a Custom Offer which addresses specific buyer requirements, and receive a Custom Offer from sellers through the site.
- Offers may be purchased using a Credit Card, Debit Card and PayPal.
- Processing fees for the seller are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover payment processing and administrative fees. Fees assessed to the total purchase amount are 8% per project.
- You may not offer sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the CollabPlug.com site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support [email protected]
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique order number.
- Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Attachments button (located on the Workspace page) according to the service that was purchased and requested in the offer description.
- Using the Attachment button may not be abused by sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in this Terms of Service. Using the “Attachment” button when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the seller’s rating and result in a warning to seller.
- An order is marked as complete after the order is marked as Complete and then rated by a buyer and seller. An order will be automatically marked as complete if not rated and no request for modification was submitted within 3 days after marked as Completed.
- We encourage our buyers and sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails, users can contact CollabPlug’s customer support department for assistance at [email protected]
- When a buyer purchases a service, the seller is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Sellers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their offer. Failing to do so will allow the buyer to cancel the order when an order is marked as late and may harm the seller’s rating.
- Sellers must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Attachment’s button (located on the Workspace page) to mark the order as Completed.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. CollabPlug will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- A Seller may cancel an order without the buyer’s consent at any given moment (Force Cancellation). However, this will have a negative effect on the seller’s rating and the payment will be returned to the buyer.
- Buyers may “Request Revisions” from the Workspace page messaging, while an order is marked as Completed if the delivered materials do not match the seller’s description on their Offer page or the requirements sent to the seller at the beginning of the order process.
- Feedback reviews provided by buyers while completing an order are an essential part of CollabPlug’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the buyer’s overall experience with the sellers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the seller.
- Leaving a buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms of Service.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the CollabPlug platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance seller ratings, or to abuse the CollabPlug platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by buyers are publicly displayed on a seller’s Profile page. Buyers have the option not to include a comment, but still rate the service. Cancellation of an order does not remove feedback unless mutually agreed.
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Project with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
- Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the buyer has three days to respond and post a review. If no response is provided within the response period, the order will be considered completed.
- Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 30 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 30 days.
Disputes and Cancellations
- We encourage our buyers and sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails, users can contact CollabPlug’s Customer Support department for assistance at [email protected]
- Order cancellations (when eligible) can be performed by Customer Support only up to a period of 13 days from order completion date. We will not cancel orders after that time.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation to these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily disabled to investigate possible security violations. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event of a dispute, you are encouraged to use the Site’s Workspace chat to attempt to resolve the matter by working it out with the seller or if it’s not possible, contact customer support for a resolution.
- Eligibility to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the CollabPlug delivery system.
- Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Offer description page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- CollabPlug reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- CollabPlug does not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider automatically. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s bank or PayPal after 21 days of review. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.
- To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will be refunded along with your deposit.
CollabPlug enables people around the world to create, share, sell and purchase nearly any hip-hop or music service they need at an unbeatable value. Services offered on CollabPlug reflect the diversity of an expanding Offers/Sellers economy. Members of the CollabPlug community communicate and engage through orders, social media, and on CollabPlug’s private messaging and Workspace features.
CollabPlug maintains a friendly, community spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of CollabPlug. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on CollabPlug.
- To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of CollabPlug in order to circumvent or abuse the CollabPlug messaging system or CollabPlug platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Workspace page.
- CollabPlug does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to buyers. You may use the dispute tools provided to you in the Workspace page.
- CollabPlug does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the CollabPlug platform or that are actively violating our Terms of Service.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on CollabPlug’s platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages sent to users will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography – CollabPlug does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language – Communication on CollabPlug should be friendly, constructive, and professional. CollabPlug condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam – CollabPlug takes the matter its members’ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the order page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of CollabPlug will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Intellectual Property Claims – CollabPlug will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement. Our Intellectual Property claims can be filed at [email protected]
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use CollabPlug for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the CollabPlug community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to CollabPlug’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on CollabPlug. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell CollabPlug accounts.
- CollabPlug reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these terms of service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of CollabPlug’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on CollabPlug.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- CollabPlug may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, CollabPlug will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use CollabPlug after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, CollabPlug will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User Generated Content
User Generated Content (“UGC”) refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site. All content uploaded to CollabPlug by our users (Buyers and Sellers) is User Generated Content. CollabPlug does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, CollabPlug is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Offers, their delivery, and any communications between buyers and sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate service offers.
By offering a service, the seller undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service is offered on CollabPlug.
Ownership and limitations: Unless clearly stated otherwise on the sellers Profile page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the seller, and the seller waives any and all moral rights therein. The delivered work shall be considered work-for-hire under the U.S. Copyright Act. In the event the delivered work does not meet the requirements of work-for-hire or when US Copyright Act does not apply, the seller expressly agrees to assign to buyer the copyright in the delivered work. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Offer and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason. For removal of doubt, in custom created work (such as custom beats, lyrics, features, etc.), the delivered work shall be the exclusive property of buyer, and seller assigns all rights, title and interest in the delivered work.
Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall be kept confidential and shall not be shared or used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the ordered work to the buyer.
Furthermore, users (both buyers and sellers) agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily create/upload to CollabPlug, including Offer texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by CollabPlug for marketing and/or other purposes. We will always ask your permission first and will never use or post any of your created content without consent from both the buyer and seller.
Commercial Use License
By accepting an offer with your order, the Seller grants you a perpetual, exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the purchased delivery for Permitted Commercial Purposes. All intellectual property rights of the purchased delivery are hereby assigned to you. “Permitted Commercial Purposes” means any business related use, such as (by way of example) advertising, promotion, creating web pages, integration into product, software or other business related tools etc., and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose. This License is subject to CollabPlug’s Terms of Service. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this delivery, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the Seller nor CollabPlug will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license, the delivery or your use of the delivery.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER COLLABPLUG NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH COLLABPLUG MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL COLLABPLUG, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.